Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Endangered Mountain Animals

Reader Response
e questions
The non-fiction book I read is titled Endangered Mountain Animals by Dave Taylor. This books is about many different endangered animals that are forced to live in the mountains. Many of these animals become endangered due to the human activity in their habitats. By this I mean that people are cutting down their trees and building on these habitats. They also become endangered due to people hunting them for many things. Some of the animals that are endangered are the snow leopard, sacred baboon, brown bear, mountain gorilla and many more. This book also provides information about the animal and its background. Such as its height, weight, the food they eat, habitat, the animal's skill and much more. 

A passage I found interesting from the book was "Egyptians used these baboons as helpers and entertainers. Sometimes the baboons helped them fish, stack wood, do field work, and even serve wine at coronations ( Page 20)." I found this passage interesting because I didn't know that the sacred baboon was used for many things in the past by Egyptians. Especially the baboons were used to serve wine on coronations. It's like these baboons were small humans who worked as a human. It must of been cute seeing them serve wine for people but it must of been sad and hard for the baboons to work as a human. To work on stacking wood or fishing or even do a field. It must of been tiring for them. This is why this passage got my attention. 

Some of the things I learned in the book Endengered Mountain Animals by Dave Taylor, were that there are four types of flamingos. I didn't know that there were different types of flamingos. As well as I didn't know that the Andean Flamingo ate crustaceans. The other thing I learned was that crustaceans aren't visible to the human eye unless you use a magnifying glass. So that's I also learned that snow leopards have big lungs and s strong chest that makes it easy for them to breathe easily at high altitudes. I learned that the female brown bear has cubs almost every year. They teach their cubs how to hunt and find the correct plants to eat for a year. Once the cubs learn how to hunt and find plants the mother chases her   cubs away so they can find this rown territories. Leaving the Female bear free to have another set of 
cubs. These are some of the things I learned from this book that I am not mostly likely to forget in the near future. 

I commented on Alexi's blog
I commented on Lizbeth's blog
I commented on Antwone's blog


3 comments:

  1. Perfect Summary! I say your summary was great and was informative. You gave key details to what your book is about without spoiling any other things to read. However, I will say to double check certain sentences in your second and third paragraph, some words do get a little jumbled up. Other than that I just your Nofiction Blog was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise your topic was very interesting to read it is very important to know about animals that are endangered need to be rescued and I am glad you care about animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise - Your book sounds interesting! When I was growing up the Bald Eagle was on the endangered list and I remember learning all about it. Now it is doing better due to people's awareness and efforts that have been put into place. In regards to your writing it is well organized. At the end of your paragraphs you often reiterate why you wrote what you wrote. You don't have to do that because it can become repetitive.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

Finall Reflection  Three most important things I learned this year were to always improve your writing, To annotate the articles you read...