Friday, March 31, 2017

3rd Quarter Reflection blog

3rd Quarter Reflection blog 

The area I think I made my biggest improvement in English Language Arts this quarter is in using the vocabulary words we got and using them outside of class. When I'm reading I see some words like weariness or morale and I know what they mean. Before I didin't know what those words were and It made me slow down on my reading. I guess you can say that it improved my reading skills. Now I use the vocabulary words when I speak to someone or use them in my writing for other classes. I wouldn't use the new vocab words in my writing or speaking before until now. Which I like because it makes my writing look more professional than before.

Something that I accomplished this quarter that I am proud of is getting all my vocabulary/root words correct all quarter. Last quarter in one of the vocabulary test I got one word wrong. I put the same definition letter for two words and ended up forgetting one of the definitions. But I knew it was the other definition but for some silly reason I put a different letter and got it wrong. Which is why now I double check my test before turning it in. My goal is to continue to get all my vocab tests correct until the end of the year.

The most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for me was using the vocabulary words outside of class. I would learn them but wouldn't really use them in my writing or speaking. It was hard for me to use them because I wouldn't know how or when to use them. (I didn't know how to put them in a sentence that would end up making sense.) But with time I used them little by little until they became a part of me.

Of the books I have read this quarter Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo has been my favorite because it has romance and magic in it. It got my attention and made me get attached to some of the characters. I got fouled by one of the characters and thought they were actually kind. But it turned out to be the enemy. Which was surprising. This book takes place in a time period where there are kings and queens. With powerful Grisha who help fight and protect. Then the romance between some of the characters is surprising.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection

Finall Reflection  Three most important things I learned this year were to always improve your writing, To annotate the articles you read...