Sunday, January 22, 2017

2nd Quarter reflection

The Area I think I made the biggest improvement this quarter in English Language Art is in developing my writing skills. Before I would write in a very formal and strict style. But as time went on this quarter I have noticed that I have become more open in my writing and use personal thoughts or feelings in the correct time (or when im aloud to include my personal thoughts or feelings.) Now I don't make my writing that boring. I am glad I have a ELA teacher like Ms.Larson, because she has helped me improve in my writing. She is preparing very well for high school.

One thing I have accomplished this new year that I am proud of is riding a horse once again in Mexico. Riding it and remembering how good it feels to have the wind brushing at my hair as the horse galloped. I am proud of getting to ride a horse once again and having it dance at the Mexican Music. Feeling the dynamite flowing through your veins as the horse dances to that music. Making you excited and cheerful. I am proud of accomplishing that this year.

The most challenging part of 2nd quarter for me was trying to improve my handwriting. I use to write good but I didn't like my handwriting. So I had decided to improve it but it was hard. Since I kept going back to writing the usual way I write. But now I have improved it and it looks better and more formal. I wrote a lot in Mexico in an old notebook of mine. I would write about things that fought my attention. For writing a lot it made me practice on my lettering and improved my writing. I am proud of overcoming this challenge.

Of the books I have read 'Skinny' by Donna Conner was my favorite. It was my favorite because it shows a strong female character that overcomes her challenges and accomplishes her goal. As well as it has a little love story in it too which made me read more into it. This book made me notice that goals can be accomplished even when it seems hard to believe. All you have to do is know that it is possible, work hard to accomplish it and have fun while you are at it. I am really hoping to read and find more books like this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection

Finall Reflection  Three most important things I learned this year were to always improve your writing, To annotate the articles you read...